In today’s scenario, most of the colleges offer part-time MBA Programs for those candidates who are unable to take regular classes like the full-time MBA Program. It is very convenient for working professionals as they can hold this degree without leaving their current job. The part-time MBA is a blessing for those candidates who want to grow in their career in terms of money and position.
The demand for the part-time MBA is at its peak that is why most of the colleges have started to offer this course in the form of MBA and PGDM. After doing this program, the individual gets more practical and advanced.
It may be 2 years or 3 years as the classes are conducted on the weekends and sometimes in the evenings at the campus but candidates need to maintain their presence. They should need to maintain their attendance criteria.
1) Syllabus: The Syllabus of the part-time MBA and full-time MBA is the same
2) Flexibility: The classes are conducted on weekends and in the evenings so it is very flexible and convenient for working professionals.
3) Strong Connection: Participants make strong connections when they join the part-time MBA as they meet different professionals, not the same organizations but also the others.
The eligible participants have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks. Participants should have valid scores in any entrance tests like CAT/MAT/GMAT/XAT/CMAT/SNAP/ own test with 3 years of professional experience. After that for the final selection participants do group discussions and give personal interviews.
|Part-Time MBA||Courses Name with duration||Minimum Work Ex||Aptitude Test Required||Fee||Last Date to Apply|
|IIM Bangalore||2 years PGPEM||4 Years||CAT/GMAT/GRE/IIMB Test||INR 18.50 lakhs||Jan-19|
|IIM Lucknow||2 years PGPM-WMP||3 Years||CAT/GMAT/XAT/GATE/ WMP Entrance Exam||INR 13.60 lakhs||Jan-19|
|IIM Indore||2 years PGPMX at Mumbai campus||5 Years||CAT/GMAT/EMAT/Own Test||INR 15 lakhs||Feb-19|
|IIM Kozhikode||2 Years EPGP (Kozhikode campus)||3 Years||CAT/GMAT/EMAT-Executive Management Aptitude Test||INR 10 lakhs||Aug-19|
|IIM Kozhikode||2 Years EPGP (Kochi campus)||3 Years||CAT/GMAT/EMAT-Executive Management Aptitude Test||INR 8 lakhs||Aug-19|
|IIM Tiruchirappalli (Chennai Campus)||2 years PGPBM||3 Years||CAT/GMAT/Own Test||INR 11.80 lakhs||Jun-19|
|IIM Kashipur (Dehradun campus)||2 years MBA WX||3 Years||CAT/GMAT/EMAT||INR 15 lakhs||Apr-19|
|XLRI Jamshedpur||PGDM (BM) –Part- Time||2 Years||Written Aptitude Test||INR 10.80 lakhs||March-19|
|MDI Gurgaon||PGDM (Executive Management Program)||2 Years||CAT/GMAT/MDI Test||INR 9.80 lakhs||Feb-19 and Oct -19|
|FMS Delhi||MBA Executive||5 Years||General Ability Test||INR 51K||Nov-19|
|IMT Ghaziabad||PGDM Part-Time||2 Years||Written assessment exercise||INR 6 lakhs||January-19 last week|
|JBIMS Mumbai||Masters in Management-Part- Time||2 Years||Common Entrance Test||1.60 lakhs||Nov-19|
|K J Somaiya Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai||Masters in Marketing Management, Finance Management, Human Resources Management and Information Management||2 Years||Own Test||INR 2.70 lakhs||March-19|
|NMIMS, Mumbai||MBA Part-time||2 Years||Own Test||INR 4.80 lakhs||May-19|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Pune||MBA Executive||2 Years||Own Test||INR 6.10 lakhs||Mar-19|
|LBSIM New Delhi||PGDM Part-Time||2 Years||Own Test||INR 3.30 lakhs||Dec-19|
|IFIM Bangalore||PGDM-Working Professionals &International Business||2 Years||Own Test||INR 3.50 lakhs||Jun-19|
1) Daily less time: it is a very good opportunity for those participants who have a lack of time for a particular course as some of them have their professional responsibilities and others have household responsibilities and all.
2) Comfortable schedule: The classes are conducted on weekends and in the evenings so need not to leave your current job.
3) Learning: The curriculum is the same in both MBAs either full-time or part-time so participants get great exposure in terms of learning.
4) Growth prospects: After adding this course to your profile it will give weightage to get a more good opportunity in your career.
5) Fees is less than regular MBA
1) The Professionals get fatigued due to hectic business hours so they can not able to concentrate on classes.
2) Top recruiters mostly prefer Full-time MBA (1 year or 2 years) or executive MBA graduates despite part-time MBA.
3) The part-time MBA is a time-consuming program as it takes 3 years to complete which makes participants bored and tired.
The Colleges that offer the Part-time MBA do not provide campus placements. This program performs a great role to enhance confidence and leadership skills. Top recruiters of the organization recruit these professionals as they gained this qualification without leaving their current job